Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Some Unique Treasures From Rhonda's Rose Cottage Designs !!!!!!!!

Here  are some pictures of a clock I painted a castle on it . It is painted on a mache' box lid ! I used the bottom of the box for a cake I made . I made the clock to look old  and cracked & I liked the way it turned out. I love making something out of nothing.
     Next group of pics are my hand painted in acrylics by me Rhonda Motteberg 2011 ,rose pictures.The colors are the softest! I just had to throw in some rose clips I made. Oh the paper roses my favorite! I just have to say, " Thank You God for letting them bloom in my hands !" What fun they are to make ! Even more fun to look at. Someday  I'll take you on a tour of everywhere I clip these!
        Next is my BIG FAKE WEDDING CAKE ! Wouldn't it be a fun  to have as a wedding cake for  a couple who renewed their vowes after say 25 or 30 years together! To me  this cake resembles a life of ups & downs ,good times & bad . The slips & slides but still holding together ,sometimes barely ! A long marraige is like that .Hopefully it still looks good on the outside . Hopefully sweet  & fresh on the inside. I can see the bride dressed like a dream in cream. I think her daughters should be her brides mates. Yes, I can see this , Beautiful ! I'll have to post pics of the little church a block from my house that the couple would marry in.  Oh that Vince Gil song , " Look at Us " , that should be their song ! Ok ..... I ramble.  Any way use your imagination ! 
        I had fun creating these unique treasures I hope you have fun to look at them.  Most will  listed on Ebay or my website http://www.rhondasrosecottagedesigns.com/ soon !















5 comments:

  1. Hello sweet friend! I received my cakes and they are simply divine! Gorgeous and oh so real! Love! Love! Thank you for the extra goodies let me tell you its deelish and ohhh your new treasures that wedding cake is heavenly!!!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wedding cake........How different it is......I am still creating and have a Gift show once a year in the Fall.......Have a wonderful, joyous and blessed Easter

    Happy Spring, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roses, roses, roses, my fave flower, you have done a beautiful job. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhonda
    Lovely Blog :)
    and do not miss


    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    Welcome :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the deep you see in the fake cake. Very cute.

    -Zane

    ReplyDelete